Thursday, September 24, 2009

The alpaca farm fantasy

I recently started to knit.  So far I’ve finished two scarves and am about 2/3rds of the way through the one that I started for the hubby.  Not too bad.  The afghan I started for my father-in-law is at a standstill, I’m rethinking the project.  I’ll most likely start fresh.  In the meantime I’m trying to teach myself new things, like how to read knitting patterns and how to knit a cable pattern.  Learning to crochet has been put on the back burner, but an attempt is made at least once a week. 


One of the reasons that I started knitting is that it relaxes me, a few people have mentioned that I seem much calmer when knitting.  I find that it gives me time to empty my brain of the everyday minutia that clogs it up.  So recently, I also started a new mystery series by Maggie Sefton, the central theme is knitting.  I often find a series that coincides with something that interests me.  The stories are entertaining and have inspired a new fantasy for me.  I’m fantasizing about winning the lottery again, this time to move the family to Colorado to raise Alpacas.  That way I could learn to spin and weave.  I love the idea of doing something creative.  Crazy huh?  Especially since I've never even been to Colorado.  It’s okay, crazy’s good as long as you don’t act on it.  Crazy is what can keep you sane at times.  Crazy is what gives you new ideas and sometimes solutions to the problems that are troubling you.  As long as I have my little internal dreams, the outside world is manageable.  I recommend to everyone to escape into a fantasy world for a little bit every day.    Well I'm off to the mountains to hang with the alpaca.

Talk to you later.





No comments:

Post a Comment