Thursday, September 3, 2009

The color of towels.

Every once in a while, the hubby and I will be having a conversation that goes something like this.
Me: "Hi honey, I'm just heading home from work."
Him: "Great! What do you want for dinner?"
Me: "Anything is good, oh wow I just saw some mallard ducks with their beautiful green heads!"
Silence.
Him: "What do you mean green heads!?  They have black heads!"
Me: "No dear their heads are green"
Him: "You're crazy!  They are clearly black.  You have no idea what you are talking about."

Yes.  My husband is color blind.  I first discovered this when one day he showed me his new "khaki" shorts.  I had to break the news to them they were pistachio green.  Another time we were discussing our siamese cats and the fact that they are tan and black came up.  He looked so confused by that and to this day he swears they are gray and black.  He even took one of them outside in the sunlight to check.  This scenario gets played out often in my house.  When it happens I am always wrong until I get either one of his friends or a complete stranger to agree with me. 

He (the color blind one) has decided that we need new towels and he's been picking them up a few at a time when he goes to the store.  I personally was hoping he'd pick up white towels but I'm not allowed to have an opinion on this and he thinks white is boring (for the record I have a degree in interior design but he thinks I have no taste.)  Well here's a picture of his latest aquisitions.
Orange.  And let me tell you it's not a normal orange.  It's neon, I'm pretty sure it glows in the dark.  I'm concerned about the amount of radiation it might give off.  It doesn't match the sandy color we have on the walls, (but then again what would I know, I'm not color blind.)  Since this is his project I haven't said anything to him about the selection.  I know that white towels are boring, but they don't cause seizures either.  Well I have to go.
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment