Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Just say no to the brass and glass.

The boy was wild tonight so we decided to load him up in the car to put him to sleep. I know, I know not the best way but sometimes the most effective way to get some rest. While we were driving around our fair town, I got to participate in one of my favorite little pastimes. I like to look in peoples houses. I like to glimpse other lives and to see what they've done to decorate. Now, I've been called a lighting snob, and that might be true. But I was appalled to count 4 brass and glass foyer fixtures (it was a small neighborhood) a lot of lights were turned off but you know there were more. You've seen them they everywhere, glass fixtures bound together with brass. Your typical builder selected fixtures. I know times are tough, believe me I know. These fixtures must go, they are hideous and do nothing to welcome a person to a house. If you own one of these, immediately go directly to a lighting showroom near you and select a new more updated fixture. They come in all shapes, sizes, colors and price ranges, it's a way to express your individuality. Please help the mommies of the world who can't get their kids to sleep. Change your fixture. I like to look at pretty things.

Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment