Sunday, August 2, 2009

Sundays

Sundays are interesting days. Sometimes they are the only day I have off so it's a tiny refuge in a sea of working days. I can usually relax most of the of the day. In the evenings I watch WKRP and now Barney Miller. But as the economy shows more signs of sucking, my Sundays are becoming anxiety ridden, I either can't eat or eat too much. My brain starts thinking about work and the changes that are happening, layoffs, job re allocations, taking on more work when it's already impossible to keep up...you get the idea. My brain also starts up about money or rather the lack of...what bills to pay, can we put one off for a few day? Where is the money going to come from? I don't sleep very well anymore most days but Sunday night are the worst. Usually its around 2 before I pass out and then I have to wake up at 5:30 to start the cycle of work, home, work, home all over again. I'm just plain scared of whats to come. I don't see that its getting better no matter what the news says. So far in my industry it is getting worse. Lighting is one of the last things to go into a home, so we are one of the last to feel the pinch and will be one of the last to recover. So here's to hoping that I can hang on till then...wish me luck. And good luck to you as well.
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment