Sunday, August 23, 2009

Sunday night, and it's quiet.

It's Sunday night, 8:00 and I have the rare occurence of my son being asleep.  My husband has a friend over and they are hanging out in the mancave (garage) and I've locked the cats out of the bedroom.  I have time to myself...it's nice.  This means I can watch tv, read, hang out on the computer and just do what ever I want without distraction.  Freedom.  It's funny I use to spend a lot of time by myself and enjoyed it immensely.  Nowadays I cannot honestly tell you the last time I went to the bathroom by myself.  I usually am leading a parade of kid and pets and even sometimes the hubby.  It's amazing how once a woman becomes a mother, she also becomes a magnet.  I wouldn't change it for anything.  But I am enjoying the quiet tonight.  

If I had known this was going to occur, I would have gone to the store and picked up some yarn.  I've had a hankering to create something.  I retaught myself how to knit a few years ago.  Real Simple (one of my favorite magazines) had an article on how to knit a scarf.  So I did.  I love my scarf it's way too big, taller than me (I'm 5'1"), but its the only thing I've every knitted.  I'm very proud of it.  I want to make one for the hubby but I never seem to be anywhere close to pick up yarn.  I also need to locate my needles.  So I am going to make a concentrated effort to pick up the materials and work on a Christmas gift for the hubby.  He's color blind, so I'm trying to figure out a pleasing color option that he can see.  I like blue and his favorite color is orange so I might do something in those colors.  He'd definitely be able to see it. Oh well, I'll figure it out.  Now I just have to start it and hopefully be finished by Christmas.  Plus, I'll have to figure out how to hide it from him...I guess I'll be knitting during lunch instead of reading. 

Well that's what's in my head tonight. 
Talk to you later.

No comments:

Post a Comment